Every person is completely different and has different aspects of their Hair-loss that effects their confidence and life.
And this is where we feel we have a different approach.
Any and every reason is valid, each persons journey is different, and we would love to help as many people as we can, however we can.
We take the time in our Private Clinic, that is situated upstairs above our salon to talk, to look at your life as a whole, and establish your wants and needs so that you are having the correct system fitted. Fitting the wrong systems can not only have a negative impact to a clients Physical Health but Mental Wellbeing too.
This, unfortunately can impact a persons confidence further, and that is not something we obviously want, which is why we take such care and attention to each step of the process.
Facts & Statistics about Hair-loss -
Believe it or not both men and women shed around 100 hairs in a single day! Most hair (about 80% of it) falls out as a result of washing or brushing the hair. It’s perfectly normal to lose all of these hairs so don’t panic! Most people grow more hairs than they’re shedding anyway.
A deficiency in important vitamins and minerals like vitamin D, vitamin B12 and iron can lead to hair loss. This is because they effect the growth cycle and prematurely shift hairs into the shedding stage. Over-exercising, fad diets, illness and surgery can all cause vitamin deficiencies and lead to hair loss.
A number of illnesses can also trigger hair loss including scalp ringworm, psoriasis and eczema. Scalp ringworm is a fungal infection that is usually passed on by sharing towels, brushes or sheets. It can cause bald, scaly patches but is easily treated with oral medication and a medicated shampoo.Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition that can cause scaly, itchy patches, in addition to hair loss. This is treated using a process of descaling. Steroids are often required to reduce inflammation.Whilst hair loss isn’t directly caused by eczema and conditions like dermatitis, the itchiness can cause people to scratch their heads excessively, causing damage and breakage to the hair.
Although it’s unlikely to cause permanent hair loss, overworking your hair can make it weak and more likely to break. Processes that can lead to temporary hair loss include aggressive brushing, back combing, straightening and using hair dye.8 million women in the UK experience hair lossAccording to the NHS, 8 million women in the UK experience hair loss, which is medically known as alopecia. It can lead to a number of psychological problems including poor self-esteem and heightened self-consciousness.
Male pattern baldness is the most common type of hair loss. The NHS says it affects around half of all men by the age of fifty and usually starts around the late twenties and early thirties.Male pattern baldness generally results in a receding hairline, followed by thinning of the hair on the crown and temples. In some cases it progresses to complete baldness. According to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, 40% of men will experience noticeable hair loss by the age of thirty five.The condition is hereditary and thought to be caused by oversensitive hair follicles that react to a by-product of the hormone testosterone.Alopecia causes bald patches to appear on the scalp.
Alopecia Areata causes bald patches on the scalp, around the size of a large coin. In most cases, the hair grows back within a few months, however it sometimes grows back fine and white first before returning to its normal state.Some people go on to develop more severe forms of hair loss. One of these is Alopecia Totalis, which means no scalp hair. The other is Alopecia Universalis, which is no hair on the scalp or body.The condition is caused by a problem with the immune system and is common among people who have other autoimmune conditions such as hyperthyroidism, Down’s syndrome and Diabetes.The hair loss can happen at any point, although it is most common in people age 15 – 29.This condition can cause severe emotional distress, with a study on Alopecia UK reporting that it causes dramatic and devastating emotions in patients, which can negatively impact their self-esteem, body image and self-confidence.
With our Bespoke Wig making service, we aim to make our clients & customers feel as truly amazing as they deserve too.
- We build each Wig to their own order specifications.
- After a wig piece is then built, a completely bespoke colour tweak can happen. This is to fine tune and make your wig truly only yours, to your own personal requirements.
- As a Colour Technician Salon, we can offer completely bespoke and specific colouring of all of our pieces we build.
- There is always an in-depth consultation to determine Head Size, Frontal/ Closure Size, Thickness, Preferred Parting, Bespoke Colour & Maintenance.
- All our wigs are made from Real Remy Human Hair so that their new owners can style as they desire.
- We can bleach knots on our Lace Frontals & Closures for maximum natural effect.
- With each wig we include a wig fitting essentials for each client to try different fitting methods, so that they can feel confident and happy.
Already have a Wig but don't feel confident wearing it?
This is something we can help with! Please don't feel that any Wig that you may of purchased prior to visiting us is a waste of money. The truth is sometimes it just may need tweaking. Please do book a consultation with us, bring your current wig with you if you're not feeling confident to wear it at the moment and we will discuss how we can help you.
Testimonial - "I have struggled with hair loss since a young age, probably 12/13 years old. I never understood why and I also never thought there was anything I could do about it. Over the years (I am now 24) it has gotten worse. To the point I’m having to spray my head with root spray every day just to cover the baldness. I was never able to wear my hair down because it was so noticeable. It progressively got worse after having my little girl. I decided to purchase a custom made wig from Dani and I’m in love. I’ve got my confidence back and I absolutely love that I can wear my hair however I want to now. Dani has been so supportive and helps me with any questions I have, if I’m struggling with anything she’s at the other end of the phone."
Mesh Integration or Topper System.
This is perfect for someone who..
- Partial or Full Hair-loss areas.
- Thin Hair and wanting a Longer or Thicker effect.
- Chemically Damaged Hair and wants to leave their natural hair alone to grow underneath.
- There is always an in-depth consultation to determine needs, want and a desired feeling you are wanting to gain from having a Mesh Integration System or Topper.
- Our Signature fitting of our Integrated Systems offers our clients the most comfort, helping you gain that confidence back to your life.
- Integrated Systems breathable lace is fitted by micro-rings, this then protects any fragile areas of our clients Bio-hair, and builds a '2nd Scalp' so that New Hair can be fitted to it.
- Topper Systems can be fitted with Clips so that the client can take the Topper on and off at home, at leisure. Glue, which needs to be maintained in the Clinic environment so that the system is being removed and refitted correctly. And finally Tape, this can be removed and refitted at home but needs to also have regular appointments at the Clinic so that we can monitor any changes.
Testimonial - Speaking from experience I know how hair loss can impact self confidence and mental health. The guys understand all of this, which is why they dealt with the consultation, fitting and cut In the most intricate and un-invasive manner. The level of detail they have is absolutely second to none. To have such a wealth of experience throughout the business is extremely settling and you know you can put 100% trust in them. They took my opinions into consideration (even though they are the experts) which showed how much they care about their clients. The after sales has been just as perfect as the initial treatment. They are always there on hand to help with great tips, advice and fixes when needed. I could not give a better recommendation than these guys. They deserve every success that comes their way. Thanks!!
Please contact us today on 01772 452922, or book a consultation with us so we can discuss your options. The online booking link can be found on our Home page.